TNR Campaigns is seeking creative, experienced and passionate digital communications professional to help us execute digital campaigns and email communications and fundraising programs for political and nonprofit clients. TNR Campaigns welcomes candidates who bring diversity to our firm and is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. This is a role through the 2020 election cycle.
The strategist will help direct and execute digital strategy of his or her clients. He or she will work day-to-day with the client and our digital communications team to build and execute comprehensive digital fundraising and communications campaigns in both the email and online advertising arenas.
We’re looking for a dependable, digitally-savvy professional with experience in planning, execution, and reporting on medium- to large-scale nonprofit or political email programs. Experience developing email acquisition campaigns is preferred but not required. We’re proud of our growing team and clients, including Doug Jones for U.S. Senate, numerous congressionals and nonprofits like the Humane Society Legislative Fund and the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, among others.
This job isn’t boring. It takes you to interesting places, requires constant learning, and tackles a wide variety of tasks and projects. Applicant must work well independently. An ability to work remotely with clients and staff is a must, especially in these pandemic times.
As noted above, this is a seasonal, contract position, although future/longer-term opportunities are possible. Salary will be commensurate with experience. In theory, this position can work out of our Washington D.C. or Chicago offices but we are all remote now, making this less of a factor.
- Day-to-day client representative, building, executing and reporting on digital communications and fundraising strategies
- Works collaboratively with senior staff to develop messaging and overall campaign strategy
- Develops email acquisition, engagement and fundraising strategies, and writes or reviews email copy
- Executes online advertising campaigns, including overseeing budgets, directing ad strategy, coordinating graphics, writing copy, execution and reporting
- Works with client team on production and reporting
- Monitors junior staff’s work quality and workload
Qualifications (ideal applicants should have at least 75% of the below skills):
- 1-3 years experience in digital communications with an agency, nonprofit or campaign
- Experience writing and executing email for campaigns or organizations
- Experience with running online advertising campaigns (Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords strongly preferred)
- Commitment to progressive causes
- Very strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a high-paced environment
- Flexible schedule and willingness to work long campaign hours.
- Familiarity with HTML, Content Management Systems and CRMs such as NGP/EveryAction, Blue State Digital, ActionKit.
- Bonus points for skills/experience with CSS and graphics.
- Passion for creating and growing engaged movements
- Strong project management skills
TNR Campaigns is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TNR Campaigns actively encourages applicants from a diversity of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or veteran status.
Salary commensurate with experience and can range between $48,000-52,000 plus performance bonus.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with subject line “Digital Strategist”. We thank you for your interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.